Friday, February 9, 2007

"D" sucks ---> "D" for Darden School of Business, "D" for Decision and "D" for Ding

Hey Kkkkkkkkkiran,
After few happy days/news, something heart breaking: "Rejection from Darden School of Business - University of Virginia"......

Mail from Darden Admission Committee :

"After careful consideration, the Admissions Committee regrets that it cannot act favorably on your application for admission to the Darden School MBA program. We can admit only a small number of those who apply to our program and must make difficult choices in allocating the available spaces. In most cases, there is no single reason for a decision not to offer an applicant admission. Your application received a thorough review by the Admissions Committee. Thank you for your interest in the Darden School. We wish you success in pursuing graduate management study and in your future career."

Frankly speaking, I was very much optimistic for this application and why should I not be??? With similiar changes or modifications (learnings from previous applications), I have earned an interview invite from Stern, a very high ranked school and not very well known for lots of interview invites....and then from Darden, not even an interview invite....

Well, the possible reason might be "I was reapplicant to Darden".....Last year when I applied, my short term and long term goals were different from what i mentioned in this year's applications (hmmm thats true my goals changed within an year..i know it sounds weird..)...This might have been enough for admission committee to raise eyebrows...

Anyways life moves on.....Rightly said by one of my friend today: " i am sure it doesnt hurt as bad as it would have hurt last week.."...I think he is right...

Lets see what turns up for other schools...Till then lets enjoy Simon-Admit....

Planning to go to Vasai (beach and fort) tomorrow for a small outing with my friends......

bye
jai

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey JP,

There is nothing that you have lost buddy, you do have ample of opportunities on ur way and m sure that u will get admission in a very good college asap. My best wishes will always accompany you.

Take Care n Njoy

Sumit

Anonymous said...

You have missed nothing by avoiding Darden. I speak from experience when I say it is a hideously overrated school. The faculty are ancient and in most cases lazy. The so-called leadership are interested only in squeezing donations out of alums.

You are better off.