Sunday, February 4, 2007

Tepper Interview Experience


Hi Kkkkkkkiran,
Here goes my tepper interview experience...
8:30 PM (IST) --> I was at doctor's clinic getting my checkup done as I was having fever and headache for last 2 weeks
and
2nd Feb 2007, 10:00 PM (IST) ---> tepper interview

That was not an ideal preparation for an interview of a school like Carnegie mellon (Tepper school of Business)......took medicine before my interview so as to avoid headache....and by 9:45 PM itself, i was under soporific effect of medicines....

Anyways, my phone rang at sharp 10:00 PM and my "hello" was responded by a sweet voice - "Hi, This is Gwen calling from Tepper School of Business..."
After initial talks, my interview started......and most of the questions were pretty straight forward...
The Questions were as follows: ( i hope i have managed to amass most of the questions...)


Walk me through your resume?
Career Aspirations?
Why Tepper?
How would you bring diversity to the tepper community?
Leadership example?
Red Flag and Green Flag in your application?
Any questions...


It lasted for 23 minutes....

Although, nothing went badly amiss in my answers but somehow i was not satisfied at the end....may be because interview was pretty straightforward....
She asked question...i answered
She asked question..i answered
even there were no follow up questions...not sure whether i should call it as "conversation" - a word often used for MBA interviews...

Infact, one of the member of PG community had already mentioned in one of his posts "the interview will be a regular run-of-the-mill thing with standard questions and standard answers." And now i believe that he was right....

If I would rate my Simon interview as 7/10, then I would rate tepper interview as 6/10....may be because in Simon interview (an alumni face-to-face interview), I was able to guess from the body language of interviewer whether he has been impressed or is interested in my profile but it becomes very difficult in case of a telephonic interview....I think that is the reason why people always prefer face-to-face interview...

Results on PG forum for tepper R1 have not been very encouraging...

Total applications - 10
Admitted - 1 (10%)
Waitlisted - 5 (50%)
Rejected - 4 (40%)

Still I would keep my fingers crossed....and hope for the best...Result from tepper expected by 12th March...It had been my journey of more than 4-5 months (since i have finished my GMAT in september) and still waiting to have an admit...

On my health front...got couple of x-rays and blood check up done yesterday...suffering from "Right Sided Maxillary and Frontal Sinusitis"...still in process of recovery....

chalo bye dear and take care
jai

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey wish u all the best for your result. U could be one of the 10% students so keep you finegrs crossed

Vishwanath Shetkar said...

cool one...I think U did better than previous one(Simon) because most of the questiones were repeated here ;).
All the BEST for next and keep us posted !