Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Duke Interview Experience

Here goes my Duke MBA Alumni interview experience.


All straightforward questions:

  • Why now?
  • Why MBA?
  • Short Term and Long term goals?
  • Why duke?
  • Good qualities of a team member
  • Good qualities of a leader
  • Three strengths
  • Three weaknesses
  • One leadership failure example
  • 2 initiative examples - 1 from work n other one from outside work
  • A case study - This was a bit tricky - As a consultant for a new airline, I had to come up with a figure highlighting number of aeroplanes needed to start the business (Jet Airways was to be taken as benchmark). Interviewer was mainly interested in my approach and logic and not figures...
  • Any questions for him?

Overall it was a good experience. I hope this interview helps me to get my Wait List converted to an admit to Duke.

But as 30th April (deadline to deposit Simon/Owen's deposit fees..some 1500 $$$) approaching, not many days left. For me, this date would actually boil down to 25th April as after that I would be all busy for my D-day (29th April). So I would like to finish off my deposit and all before that. I hope I hear some good news from Tepper/Duke/UCLA before that.

Between Simon and Owen, my heart says Simon and my head says Owen. For last few days. I have been discussing this with lots of alumnus and students from both the schools. But I am still not very sure which way to go......

No comments: