Sunday, April 1, 2007

No Time to Relax

Hey Kkkkkkirrran,

I have to stop writing letters to you as I am getting married very soon....Yup...You heard it right...I am getting married with my love, Anuprita, on 29th April...



On MBA Front...hell lots of confusion going on in my mind....Very Very Very Confused..........All results have been declared and current scenario is as follows:

Admits from :
Univ of Iowa (Tippie School of Management) - Approx cost would come to be 15 lacs Rupees
Vanderbilt Univ (Owen School of Management) --- Approx cost would come to be 33 lacs Rupees
Univ of Rochester (Simon School of Business) -- Approx cost would come to be 37 lacs Rupees...

Wait listed at:
Duke -- Didn't have interview, so scheduled now on 4th April with an alumni in Mumbai
Tepper -- after interview
UCLA - without interview

Rest -- DINGS

Less than a month to go for my marriage...so i am not sure about how much time I would be able to devote to my Wait list follow ups...But have to do it...I need to convert them to admits....else I have to compromise with II-Tier schools like Simon/Vandy/iowa....where again picking one school would be difficult task...what the hell is this????

Feeling a bit tensed since morning today...Not Sure what would happen but one thing is sure that there is no time to relax....

Come on JP...You gotta do it...Some efforts here and things would turn around...Come on buddy....This is not difficult than my love story (where I had to wait for more than 4 years to get a real good news)

Right now, my Views on the three schools(I have an admit) are as follows:

Simon:
Advantages:
a. Location - Close to NY
b. Small Class Size - so better focus from career management center and faculty
c. Good Reputation in Finance education

Disadvantages:
a. Costliest among all three
b. Cant get loan without co-signor, so might end up having loan in India

Owen:
Advantages:
a. Good Placements
b. Average Reputation in Finance education
c. No Co-signor required for loan

Disadvantages:
a. Costly
b. Location - I am not sure about this one as I believe east coast provides better opportunities for finance jobs.

Iowa-Tippie:
Advantages:
a. Cheapest among all three
b. Small Class Size - so better focus from career management center and faculty

Disadvantages:
a. Location - would also face tough competition from Kellog and Chicago
b. Not very well known for finance education.

So Guys please share your thoughts/views...

take care
bye
jp

3 comments:

Seshadri said...

i cannot share my thoughts on the college rankings fron ;)..but then, about the tension that is prevalent in ur life..i wud suggest to keep it cool..sir jee, u can do it..u have dun it in other colleges ka intvws..all the best

Rohit Gambhir said...

Hey Jailendra :) Its nice to hear about your marriage.All the best to you and Anuprita :) Have a wonderful life ahead.

NDEO said...

Thank God Kkkkkkiraaan is out of the scene!!! [:)]
CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
Bhul gaye humein?
Hey just a thought...do you have a friend who can co-sign a loan...Simon would be the best choice in that case...and I had heard banks in US (who have tieups with colleges) give loans to candidates w/o co-signer with increased Interest rate..pls confirm on that!!