Sunday, January 7, 2007

Will the year 2007 bring luck for me???

9th September 2006 - when I got 740 score in GMAT.....I was on the seventh cloud...I was sure of getting an admit to ivy-league schools such as Wharton , Chicago, Harvard etc.....But rejection from all four schools I applied to, in early decision round, has opened my eyes.....Rejection without any interview call from Wharton, Insead, Cornell and Chicago shook me from inside...Although I revisited my essay strategy since then and applied to Stern, Darden, Rochester and Haas in December, followed by UCLA in January but still not sure whether I could avoid another nail in my coffin.......

Today when my first weekend of the year is about to end and I am about to submit my applications for Ross, Duke and Tepper, I have decided "Thats it" - Enough of applications, essays, recommendations......I know applying to 12 schools is too much but my desperation to go for MBA this year has driven me for that.... From tomorrow onwards, I am going to use the strategy of "Wait and Watch"...I know my fiancée would be more than happy on this...For the last 2-3 months and even before that while I was preparing for GMAT, we have hardly gone out somewhere...want to get free now...for some days...at least...before I get an interview call from some school....:)

My call right now on the schools I have applied to or applying (no harm in getting optimistic):
Stern -- Should at least get an interview call
Darden -- Should at least get an interview call
Rochester -- Should get an admit
Haas -- Should at least get an interview call
UCLA --- Should get an admit if interview goes fine
Ross --- Should at least get an interview call
Duke --- Should at least get an interview call
Tepper --- Should get an admit if interview goes fine

Lets c.......................I hope year of 2007 turns table for me.....

No comments: