Saturday, March 3, 2007

March 2007- A crucial month in my MBA Journey

Hey Kkkkkkkiran,
hmmm....20 days and no update from my side.....
Reasons:
No new updates on my MBA journey front till couple of days back,
Few unexpected tensions in professional life and
Nothing major happening in personal life...
and ya of course 3 consecutive cricket match defeats in our team's last outing to Vasai didn't do any good to my motivation to write something....

And here comes the month of march, a month by the end of which it would be almost clear where am I heading for my MBA this year...All the results should be out by the end of this month...Right now, Simon (with 30% scholarship) is the only option---"Beggars are not choosers"...
With Duke result on 8th March, Stern Interview and Tepper result on 12th March, its clear that I am going to have butterflies in my stomach for next 10 days....

Not much optimistic about Duke as Adcom have not even conducted an interview for me....Stern interview - I still feel myself lucky to have got a chance of an interview invite from Stern and I need to utilize this opportunity with full hands so as to fulfill my dream of studying in top 10 ranked school....Tepper result - You never know..As mentioned in my earlier posts this school has been keeping Indians guessing and not sure what is going to be the result.....

Then later half of the month of March would have Ross and Owen result (15th March), Haas result (19th March) and UCLA result (29th March)....
No interview invites from Ross and Haas and their decision deadlines coming so near, hopes to have any positive result from them have started diminishing....I am looking forward to Owen (my deferred admit from last year) for some handy scholarship, which might become one criteria to decide on the school at the end....UCLA, I believe, doesn't conduct any telephonic interview so they are going to keep me guessing till very end of this month......I am optimistic for this school as I believe this application has been one of my strongest....

As I pen down this post, the Holi day has started.....With more than 1000 KMs away from my family and hometown, it is just going to be another day for me at least....Last year I was in USA during Holi and even next couple of years as well I am going to be in USA at this time....When I talked to my mom this morning, she just said - "Ab Kis ke liye mithaiyaan banaye, tum dono bhai to yhaa pe ho hee nhi..." (Now for whom we should make sweets, when you both brothers are not here..)...Words are still ringing in my ears...Wish I could have been with my family...
The flashback engulfed all over my mind...right from my childhood, my mom used to keep holi sweet boxes to a height which was out of my reach...it was just to keep a check on my greed for sweets....years passed but trend continued...mom not even realized when I became taller than her...but sweet boxes are still there...I am still her "Sonu"...(Sweet greedy) sonu....

But when I look towards my future, i see many holi and diwalis passing through my life just like another day....
May be I am getting a bit emotional today.....

Anyways...a very Happy Holi to you and all the guys who are reading this post....Enjoy the day and Cheers

bye
jai

1 comment:

Dhirubhai said...

Hey JP..
Happy holi..
May this march month be the luckiest month in ur life...
May u march ahead in ur life in this march...hahahhaaaa....
All da best....