Thursday, March 8, 2007

Waitlisted @ Duke - Fuqua School of Business

Hey Kkkkkkkkiran,
I know you must be more optimistic than me for Duke's result....Its very much true...After my request for alumni interview was turned down on account of unavailability of alumnus, I was not expecting anything positive from Duke.....But when I logged into Duke site to check on my decision, I was kinda surprised....I was waitlisted...Waitlisted without interview....Decision Letter said -

"The admissions committee at The Fuqua School of Business has met to review your application for admission to the Duke MBA class of 2009. As a result of the tremendous competition for the class of 2009, we are unable to offer you a final decision at this time. Your application has been placed on our waitlist.
The admissions committee will review applications of waitlisted candidates periodically during upcoming admission rounds and throughout the summer months. Based on the competition and available space, we will make a final decision on your application when appropriate. We will update you on your waitlist status during subsequent rounds of admission."


Well....felt a bit better...Decision letter also mentioned:

"We strongly encourage waitlisted candidates who have not yet completed an evaluative interview to schedule an interview at their earliest convenience.'

Now, I feel that there is an excellent chance for me and if I managed to get an interview slot and then try to strengthen my application, show interest and love for Duke through interview, things might turn my way....Lets See....

Update on preparation of Stern interview: OK....last weekend managed to gather all Stern interview questions...With basic questions, I am more or less prepared as they are similiar to what I had prepared during my Simon and tepper interviews...But there are few tricky questions which I would focus on this weekend....So this weekend, full focus is going to be on Stern interview preparation...Rest we would see on 12th March at Hotel Taj...:)

Wish me all the best....
bye
jai

2 comments:

NDEO said...

I know waitlist might be sound a better option than dinged...but for how long??

I am sure an interview with Duke is what you are aiming for. All the best Pal.

Interestingly your blog are getting more personal and interesting with every post...keep it up buddy!!!

Vishwanath Shetkar said...

All the BEST dude for Stern !
Hope to hear good from you on Monday :)